Midwest Regional Health Service was founded in 2002 by Dr. Donald J Darst. Dr. Darst's vision of providing high quality Internal and Family Medicine, while utilizing modern technology and highly trained clinicians for the residents of the greater Omaha area, continues today.
The practice has grown to include seven physicians, two Physician Assistants, and one Nursre Practitioner who practice at two locations in Omaha, Nebraska and Gretna, Nebraska.
Combined, our doctors have over 116 years of experience in caring for patients. We employ nursing staff that range in education and experience from Medical Assistants (MA) to Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) to Registered Nurses (RN).
Our company founder is Dr. Donald J Darst. He is an Internists who provides Primary Care to complicated adult patients with severe mulitsystem disease. He also provides consultations, preop evaluations and post hospital followups.
Our Main location at the Oakview Medical Building in Omaha is headed by Dr. Kenneth Blad. He is joined by Doctors; Marge Bisenius, Don Darst, Phyllis Byrd, Rebecca Lancaster,and Toby Shinaut. Together they have built a Family Medicine practice that provides Primary Care to all ages. Their motto is... "Let our family care for yours". You will find the clinic decorated with the artwork of their pediactric patients.
Our second location is The Wellness Place, located in Gretna Nebraska and is headed by its founder, Dr. Carmella Imig. Dr. Imig has spent the last 11 years building a family practice with a strong focus on wellness and preventative care.
Our staff understands the impact a primary care physician has in the life of a patient and a patient's family. The core values of our organization include:
* SHARED PURPOSE/TEAMWORK-Provide quality healthcare in cooperation with our patients and their family through collective wisdom and experience.
* RESPECT-For our patient's, patient's families, employees & other healthcare professionals
* RESOLUTENESS TO EFFICIENCY-Internal committees designed to support constant self-evaluation of processes and workflow
* PASSION FOR INNOVATION-Being attentive to new opportunities to meet and exceed the needs of our patient
* EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION-Encourage timely, open, honest, and confidential communication with our patients and staff. Communication with our heart and well as our minds.